Can I Sue for Lost Wages After a Car Accident?

HomeLegalCar Accidents & Lost Wages

Can I Sue for Lost Wages After a Car Accident?

In order to recover compensation for lost wages after a car accident, you’ll first need to file a personal injury claim with the insurance company. Explain that you are receiving treatment for your injuries, that you’re expected to miss work, and that you will need to account for these losses before issuing a demand and discussing a settlement.

Once you have recovered from your injuries and have returned to work, you or your attorney will need to provide detailed statements (proof) of any and all lost income/benefits directly resulting from the accident. If you’ve suffered a disabling injury and your ability to earn future income has been compromised, you may even have a lost earning capacity claim.

It’s important to note, however, that insurance companies are not going to offer an unrepresented claimant anywhere close to the full value of their claim. Without an attorney on your side, you’re simply at the mercy of the insurance company—and they are not in the business of playing fair.

Do You Have a Car Accident Question for Us?

Montgomery Law

Montgomery Law is a Dallas-based personal injury law firm focused on getting clients the justice and compensation they deserve.

Call us toll-free at 1-833-720-6090 to discuss your case today for no cost.

By | 2019-09-11T16:23:30-05:00 May 13th, 2019|

Leave A Comment