Collecting evidence is vital to any car accident claim. Make sure you’re protected by documenting evidence.
At Montgomery Law, our main goal is to help our clients get the compensation they deserve following a car accident injury. This is why we advise them to secure any and all evidence which might be helpful to their claim.
1) Photos and Evidence at the Crash Scene
Perhaps the easiest form of evidence you can collect yourself are photographs. Just know what to capture.
- It is important to show the damages of all cars and property involved. Injuries should also be photographed.
- Skid marks and the general direction of the cars involved can help experts determine the sequence of events in order to verify accounts.
- Pay attention to shattered glass, debris, removed car parts, and other items at the scene.
- Take note of the environmental and weather conditions. Use landmarks or bigger properties to compare scale and distance.
- Take close ups, medium distance shots, and panoramic or long range shots.
- If you are not sure of what to capture, take as many photos and videos as possible.
2) Security Camera Footage
Check the establishments near the scene of the accident for CCTV cameras to see if everything, or at least a part, was captured. Your lawyer or the authorities might need to move fast because CCTV footage is not known to last long, and might be deleted within weeks.
Aside from the above mentioned kinds of useful evidence, it is also important to secure and properly organize the following:
- Medical records
- Insurance policies of both drivers involved
- Bills incurred after the incident, including repair estimate and transportation cost
- Witnesses contact information
- Police and crash reports
If you would like to speak to the Dallas attorneys at Montgomery Law about your case, call us today at 214-720-6090 (local) or 1-833-720-6090 (toll-free).
Montgomery Law is a Dallas-based personal injury law firm focused on getting clients the justice and compensation they deserve.
Call us toll-free at 1-833-720-6090 to discuss your case today for no cost.